Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The countdown is on

We made it through summer school!!! We are SO glad to be done and have all our time to ourselves!!!

Since last post, there hasn't been much lounging here. :( It seems that we have been on-the-go, especially on the weekends. In July, we have enjoyed the following:

The 4th with Tracie & Jay's clan!
Grandpa Read's birthday
My sister came to visit and decided to stay!
(as in she is moving here!)
SILVERWOOD!
Many trips to Quincy!
Cousins!!!
Swimming!

We took our first REAL family vacation this summer! We have been on vacation before, but usually its something fun on the way to see family or vacation WITH family.
We took a long weekend and went to Silverwood theme park. It was fun, but we probably have had our fill of theme parks for a while. :) Of course, I didn't get any pictures cause this particular park has some rides that you get pretty wet on. I was SOAKED from my waist down after the 3rd ride. Also, it has a water park attached to it, so there was no toting a phone, let alone a camera.

We are looking forward to a busy, fun filled August!

County Fair
Rodeo
Kid's Birthdays
Our Anniversary
Mariners Game
School shopping
Making Jam
Eating our weight in sweet corn!!!
SCHOOL STARTS!!!!
(i can't wait)
;)

It has been really warm here the past week. 100 is not a welcoming temperature. But I must say that mostly its been in the 85-95 range and BEAUTIFUL this summer!

I am looking forward to a GREAT fall season. But not before I pack in some more long sunny days, filled with Popsicles, swimming, smiles and fun!!!

H A P P Y S U M M E R!!!

1 comment:

The Shepro's said...

Mmmmm jam! Sounds like your summer is awesome! We are headed that way soon. I am so excited but so nervous at the same time:0