I have read a couple posts about this particular day. I really hadn't planned to post about it, but I realized I have a lot to be grateful for and I do remember where I was and what I was doing on this day in 2001.
I had just began my day. I had a load of towels on the couch, trying to fold them. I had just celebrated 4 years of marriage. Buzz was there in the living room with me playing on the floor. He had just turned one. He was perfectly happy. Boyscout called to tell me to turn on the news. I was speechless for a while. I just watched. I remember feeling so sheltered and naive. I felt good and bad about that. The tragedy seemed to get more real with each passing minute. I remember praying for those people and their families. I remember thinking about what I would do if it were me, or my family. I remember thinking that we should be more prepared no matter what our situation is.
I think this is about when we really started making a survival plan, 72 hour packs, communication plans, etc. We try to keep up on them, but I know we could do better and its sad it takes something like 9/11 to remind us.
I really don't love politics. I hate that we are at war. I don't know if there is another way, but I tend to think about all the people that died and survived that day. Would I feel the same if I were directly affected?
I feel grateful that there are people who are willing to fight for our country, our freedoms, and our families. I am grateful that I can raise my kids in a country that gives them education and rights. I feel blessed to live in this country and enjoy all that it has to offer. I am Thankful to all the men and women who serve us in our military. I am grateful to be an AMERICAN.
No comments:
Post a Comment