Why do cars cost SO much and then you still have to pay to maintain them? I am feeling a little crazy right now so read on at your own risk. We are suppose to leave in a few days for AZ. and we knew we would need to put on some tires before we go,(which we already own and so we anticipated only having to have them switched over)we also wanted to have the brakes checked out to make sure everything was good, maybe we would get some new brake pads, you know, just some little checks before we head out.
So, K takes the car down to the shop and just called to tell me that we are already pushing $1000.00! WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT! Wait a second...are ya kidding me? We already own the tires, so whats wrong with the breaks? Long story short, the entire underside of our car pretty much needs to be replaced. (I hate Iowa) ...............K is calling me back...................... ......negotiating...............OK, so now we only have to pay a couple hundred dollars!!!!!!yeah!!! I love that my husband can fix stuff himself! :) I'm not feeling so crazy now, just a little exhausted.
So now we have tires on and a new tie rod. Now K is off to the parts place to get some new routers and pads for the brakes. This is when I miss having access to the big shop and the farm mechanic at home in Washington. I know I won't see him the rest of the day, but at least we are saving ourselves about $800.00!
I guess I just needed to vent that.
4 comments:
I am SO glad that Keven didn't just take their word for it! Good for him. I wish that we would have looked around more, or looked into fixing some of the stuff ourselves a couple of months ago, instead of forkin out 1100 smackers! We have SUCKERS written all over our faces now!
Yeah, we have been taken before too. Today when he went to do the brakes himself, he found that they torqued the lug nuts WAY to tight and stripped them. While he was having a fit, I called them and told them and asked what they were going to do for us and it ended up that they bought us 10 new lug nuts! I am glad I asked, it really paid off!
good
You guys are leaving tomorrow? Are you pee your pants excited?!?!?!?!?!
Post a Comment