Monday, October 20, 2008

Glorious Monday

YAY!
Fall break is OVER.
O-V-E-R.

Yes, I did miss sleeping in this morning. But the delightful sound of SILENCE is wonderful today.

Today I will reclaim my castle by:
  • Getting a shower without interruption
  • Leave the house...by myself :)
  • Go to the post office (haven't been there with kids in over 6 years due to an incident with L ripping anthrax posters off the wall once)
  • Get some laundry done, folded, AND put away before it gets destroyed and refolded.
  • Watch what I want to while I fold the laundry.
  • Find the bottom of my kitchen sink. Clean it. Keep it empty for at least a couple hours till everyone gets back home.
  • Vacuum. Its been hit and miss for the last 2 weeks.
  • Start making lists for the trip.
  • Find my vacuum packing bags for the trip.
All in all we had a good break. We are so happy to have a routine back though. :)

Break for K will start at the end of this week and I have a whole other list for him. Including those leaves that we keep avoiding. ;)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you! I wish I could do that right about now. Adde is driving me crazy today!

tharker said...

My kids were out of school today, and by 9am, they were fighting and driving me bonkers!

Barnes Blog said...

Oh man that sounds so good. Having the house completely to yourself to get done and do whatever you want. I have a vague recollection of what that's like.
I can't wait for this week to be over. Thursday can't come fast enough.
Come clean my house now, with al of your free time! I'll be waiting.