Friday, May 2, 2008

Flood


Finally found a picture (thanks Courtney!) to post about the flooding that is going on here. This is the baseball stadium down by the river. Next to it is the Centennial bridge that you cross to go into Illinois. This is just a glimpse of the flooding that has been going on for a month or so. Mostly it hasn't affected anyone, but those who live on the banks of the rivers around here, but this past 2 weeks we have had lots of rain and it started to rise again. So currently, our down town, about 2 blocks are flooded, including the field.

I'm so glad we don't live any closer to the muddy Mississippi. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, earn some easy extra cashflow by just clicking 10 adds a day, I earn 160$ a month in extra cash and I only started 2 months ago. You shouldn't miss this one :

www.Bux.to

grtz
Basil

Amy said...

Isn't that crazy?!? I'm REALLY glad we don't live close to the river!

the sheldons said...

Did you ever go down and see it? It was actually pretty cool. I'll bet you were sad because they closed the riverboat casino, huh? What else are you going to do with your Friday and Saturday nights now since you that you can't gamble?