Monday, July 28, 2008

My Chicago Weekend

Thursday...

We left in the morning to travel to the 'Windy City'. We made some stops for food and headed on our way to drop our bags here


Palmer House Hilton, which is located in 'the loop' of downtown Chicago.

It was a great location, and really nice hotel.

We got all settled and planned the next day for...

Shedd Aquarium

The Field Museum

Riverboat Architecture Cruise

Navy Pier
Friday was so much fun! It was a great day, We couldn't have asked for better weather!

Saturday, was a little warmer but by far my favorite thing on the whole trip happened on Saturday!...

I would go again and again to see this musical!
It plays in Chicago until January, and I REALLY want to go back and take K .
This is a shot from the John Hancock Observatory.
Probably the best view of Chicago!

We also got to see...


Buckingham Fountain


And this really COOL Bean!

We rode the bus, the subway, and the 'EL' train. It was really fun to use the public transportation and not have to worry about having a car. (its way expensive to park in the city. Even our hotel wanted to charge us about $40 a day to park in their garage. My friend parked at the airport and rode the train in to the city.)

I had a FABULOUS time and would go back in a heartbeat!

4 comments:

NOBODY said...

Oh yeah, I could go again and again too!

That was a great trip, and this was a great recap. I didn't realize how much we actually got done until I saw this recap.
We done goooooood sistah!

The Queen "B" said...

This is my first comment on a blog! Looks like you had tons of fun! By the way - I just started my own blog clintandbecca.blogspot.com

Talk to you later!

Barnes Blog said...

I am all kinds of jealous right now. Did you go for any specific reason?
I want to see Wicked so bad.
I had a Scentsy Party last night, and I know you've been to one already, but I forgot to invite you and a whole lot of people. I suck at party arrangements. anyway, if you want anything let me know, you get 10% off of everything.

tharker said...

I so want to go to a cool big city. Let's face it, any city with a population larger than 50,000 would suffice!

Your trip looks amazing!